Wither Review

Wither by 
2/5 stars
8525590


I think this book would've been more interesting if it focused on the first generation's. Because sad world is not fun nor interesting to read about.



I don't think I'll be reading the sequels. I thought there'd be more... Substance... To the book, however, I found this book to be quite shallow.



I've been comparing a few books to the Selection recently, so I apologise. But this book was like the first half of the selection, just more tragically polygamous and less glamorous. I didn't fall for any of the characters, which was unfortunate. Actually, I take that back. What IS unfortunate, is that the one character I did like, Rose, wasn't in the book for long. Now THAT was tragic.



This book is for those who hated Prince Maxon but loved Aaron.

I have nothing against polygamous relationships, but I'm sick and tired of seeing them with a male surrounded by women. The women are put AGAINST each other, and somehow, after all the faults from the male, he still is fought over and seen as a good guy. It's disgusting, and I don't want to read anymore of it. Yes, these wives were "sisters" to one another, but Rhine does state;

Jen was the disposable wive. Cecily was the baby maker. And she was the "first" wive.

I found this book under "worst YA paranormal romances". I knew what was coming. But a heap of my favourite books were under it; Twilight, Hush, Hush, TMI, etc. My problem with this book is; IT'S NOT EVEN PARANORMAL. It's BARELY romantic. I don't know HOW it's been reviewed in such a way.



It had such an awesome opportunity to be a great dystopian. The first generation's, immune to all cancer and disease, finding out the perks of this new medicine. But slowly discovering that their children live to ages 20-25??? The horror and urgency to solve the issue. How great would I story be focusing around a girl, who's family have all been prone to cancer, and kind of like in the movie, GATTACA, it's determined at birth when and how she'll die. She has to make the decision whether to take the cure and produce a line that die at 20, or live with the possibility of contracting a disease but having a "natural" family. NOW THAT'S what I want! 
(holy hot damn)

My last issue with this book is that hey made it seem like it's so hard to escape. But the last 3 pages made it seem so simple?? It's unrealistic enough, cmon!



That's all I have to say. I don't think I'll be reading the sequel. The pace was too slow and the writing style wasn't for me.