Review: The Siren

The Siren The Siren by Kiera Cass
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4/5 stars!
description

I listened to this via audiobook. It was so relaxing and soothing to read. At some points, I found the Ocean a bit too creepy... but that could be the reader's voice.

I like this WAY more than The Selection.

Some of the dialogue annoyed me, like they could sound their age (over 80) or like a 12 year old girl ("weeeeeee!").

This was a fun book, perfect for those who like quick, light fantasies and a simple insta love :D

It was pleasant reading (/listening) but I don't know if I'd physically read it. Listening to it once was enough for me.

This book started off really strong, but towards the end (considering the "love" these two shared) seemed to weaken the story. I actually felt more towards The Ocean and Kahlen, which was an insane dynamic. ALSO: I APPRECIATED THE RACIAL DIVERSITY IN THIS BOOK. IT ALSO DISCUSSED DOMESTIC ABUSE AND SEXISM.

description

View all my reviews

Comments