Review: Reborn

Reborn Reborn by Addison Cain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

YOOOOO WHAT THE FUCK????

This book is so complex. I appreciate it how it approaches rape-culture and abuse, but at the same time-- THE FREAKING ENDING WAS AWFUL.

INCONCLUSIVE.

ABSOLUTELY ANTICLIMATIC.

WHAT A SHIT-SHOW OF AN ENDING.

AND IT ENDED AS A CLIFFHANGER.

I don't want to spoil this book because I really do think it's something people should read. I don't get why the author used erotic scenes, as most of the time there wasn't a point to them. AND at the end she added a fresh rape scene from new characters. Which was just the icing on the cake.

I did not care at all for Svana (the antagonist-- who, by the way, fingered our protag for the hell of it at the end???????????????????? Like wtf?? Could've just had them talking, dude) or Corday.

I usually skipped over their scenes.

I didn't like that Shepherd (the anti-hero) was barely in it by the end of this book. The final chapter was a little to New Moon-ey "October, November, December, January".

CLAIRE DESERVED SO MUCH BETTER AND WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF SHE ACTUALLY SAW SHEPHERD OR FELL OFF THE CLIFF.

description

This book had many spelling errors and incomplete sentences: but if you ignore it, this story is actually very powerful. I feel empty now after finishing this series.

View all my reviews

Comments