Mum's Birthday/Hospital Visit

I feel like I haven't sat down and recounted my day in ages.

I woke up at 5:55, as my mother was busying around the house. It was her 49th birthday, and she had to go into hospital to remove her large, painful varicose veins in her legs. She's had them my entire 16 years of life, so I will be shocked to see what she looks like without them. She was picked up at 6, and I made sure to give her the birthday present and card. I was quite nervous for this operation, as my grandfather died from this surgery after the doctor made a mistake. I was practically numb all day.

My brother left the house at 7:30 to catch a train to Luna Park. He was at the door pacing around.

"Travel card?"
"Check."
"Water?"
"Check."
"Phone?"
"Check."

Note what was missing, that neither of us checked off. 

So I was home alone all day. At some point around 11, there was a crash in the kitchen. I heard stomping too (which made me paralysed oh my god). I had just finished reading Opal (review coming soon), and was currently watching Friends.

I finally got the guts to walk outside my room, and I noticed the back door was unlocked. I frantically texted my brother, who just laughed at me. I hadn't been outside all day. Had he?

I usually like the house all closed up; windows, doors, and curtains. I guess I'm that hermitted (that's not a word but I'm making it one).

I gathered enough courage to check half of my mother's room, but chickened out and ran to my own room, where I played very loud Friends.

My brother texted me that he had made it to the train station, and forgot his debit card. I had lent him $70, and he forgot it. He had to call my mother, who was potentially in an operation, but thankfully quickly bought him an online ticket. Within a minute she was called into the waiting rooms, with the wheel chairs and nurses.

For about 2.5hrs I was too terrified to go down the southern regions of my house, so I held onto my need to pee and food, and just sat in my bed. That sucked. I started texting my friend who is going to pick my mother up. She didn't want to come over as she had school projects to work on, which I understand.

I started reading Origin (far better than Opal) when my mum finally texted me she's out of the surgery. I had an hour to get to the hospital before she was let go. I texted my friend, and we made our way to the closest Hungry Jacks (or Burger King if you're American). HJ is my mum's favourite treat, and I thought she'd be hungry after not eating for 26hrs. We picked her up on time, I had her special (Jr. Whopper, coke, sundae, and small chips) ready to go. She was in a wheel chair- we had to lift her into the car. She was feeling really nauseous up until 9pm. We got home at 5pm, she only drank her coke and went straight to bed. She can't shower for 6 days! Can you believe it? My mother was nearly dying from that order, she needs to shower- she likes to be very, very clean. She was crying and gagging up until I sat down with her at 7, and we went through the Romance section of Netflix, and picked out some things for her to watch while she's on bedrest for the next two weeks. We did this until 9pm, but she said she thoroughly enjoyed my soothing voice as I read out the synopsises at the end of her bed, it took her mind "off all the suffering". That was a nice feeling.

My brother safely made it home at 8pm, which was worrying. He was waiting at a bus stop for 20mins in the central-sketchy-city, and he wasn't answering his phone.

That's pretty much it for me. I'm now paranoid about my everlasting ghost theory (I should write a blog post explaining that properly), and I'm enjoying spending time with my recovering mother.

It seems too dark in my house. And silent.

the other one