A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) Review

A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas 



5/5 stars!!!!!!

I read this on the plane, about 26 hours ago. Forgive me if I've forgotten stuff, I'm overly jet lagged but felt the need to review ASAP.

I wanted to be really critical of this book bc it beat my fave of 2016 (and of all time): Lady Midnight. My baby. My love.

I'm gonna say it, for me, Lady Midnight still beats this series. Why?

It has more depth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an ADDICT when it comes to weird mating stories on FanFiction.

But this isn't FanFiction.

This is a seriously published novel that's made it to the big leagues, from a prestigious author.

I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH AND IT'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN BORING TOG.

Main reasons why I love this series;
- easy to follow, unlike ToG
- hot sexy times that aren't the bad kind of creepy. Creepy like Delena chemistry from TVD. Mmmm SJM wrote some excellent sexy times. It was majorly awkward to read on the plane, but they were way more tasteful (most of them, anyways) than what I've read previously.
- the redemption of Rhys (totally cliche but looooove)

That's just a few things. I couldn't care less about the politics, but I get that it's necessary otherwise this book is just YA erotica lol.

I feel like Lady Midnight had a better, more complex storyline. But that may be because I'm so invested in the entire Shadowhunters Chronicles. For SJM, I'm only giving a damn about the ACOTR series.

I had a total 180 on Tamlain. Holy crap.

The bond between Rhys and Feyre??????????? Hot diggity damn. Passion to the max, yo. I've probably read slightly better in FanFiction, but for a highly heated couple in a YA novel, this is as good as it can get (besides Jules and Emma-- I've gotta disclaim, always!!)

I could talk forever about this series, but I won't. I don't want to spoil much. I've seen this book raved all over the blogosphere, GR, and IG, so I'm glad I finally agree over an SJM creation (I loved the first instalment, it's just ToG that I loathe!!!!!!!!! So boring. Cel is so annoying.)

Fave quote that isn't just a random highlight from a sexy scene:
"'Not consort, not wife. Feyre is High Lady of the Night Court.' My equal in every way,".

NOW THAT'S AN AWESOME QUOTE FOR SO MANY REASONS. Usually in FanFiction, you get a lot of problems because with mating bonds etc, comes sexism. But this is hectic. I'm not looking for super feminist themes in any of these books, but I feel like SJM likes to treat her young, female audience to such acknowledgement (moreso in ToG, but I find her feminism themes in that series to be extremely contradictory).

GUYS LETS PARTY I FINALLY FOUND AN SJM BOOK THAT I LOVE SOSOSOSOSOOSOSO MUCH, CAN I FINALLY JOIN THE FANDOM???

I'm so happy right now. What an awesome way to start my GR challenge :)

I NEED THE NEXT INSTALMENT, DESPERATELY!!!

Comments