Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) Review

Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi



4/5 stars.

I once knew somebody who LOATHED this book. LOATHED.

BUT WHY???????

This book was aaaamaaazing!!!! I'm sure if you've just had a binge read of Divergent, THG, Delirium, and the Uglies, you'd be pretty damn sick of it, but I haven't read a dystopian romance in so long, it made me feel nostalgic!

This was brilliantly written, made complete sense, and had such important concepts.

"'I don't want you to touch me,' I lie.
'You don't have a choice.' He won't look at me.
'I always have a choice.'"

THIS IS SO IMPORTANT I CAN'T EMPHASISE THIS ENOUGH.

Seriously, read this book if you feel like you want to be immersed in your 2013 self, surrounded by the hype of YA dystopia. It was such a nice embrace.

Now back to my fantasy novels…

Comments