Their Fractured Light Review

Their Fractured Light (Starbound #3) by Amie Kaufman
2.5 stars, and 3 max.

25931423

I'm glad I never have to read this series again??? I'm not really sure why I put myself through this. I guess I kept point it would get better (to be fair, I did love the second book), but no.

I really didn't find this book interesting to read so I can't really be bothered to write a review. Main thoughts:

- a little too soap opera-like. Every chapter followed with; cause, character a and b discuss LRI, the end of the chapter finishes with one of the characters saying 'if only the other character knew this big secret about me'. It got tiring. Additionally, it was like they just shoved as many plot twists in about each character in the last half of the novel. They're related to this character who worked for this guy and they secretly run this which in control on the other characters and affected them years ago.

- the writing was too much telling, not enough showing. Writing 101 teaches us to show don't tell, and I understand in a sci-fi it may be harder to show than just talk for paragraphs on end through dialogue, but oh it made it so boring.

That's it. I don't want to think about this series anymore. Beautiful covers, not the best story.