Onyx Review



Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

5/5 stars

13047090

I'm sorry, I can't retrieve my review of the first book. In summary: I love it so much. 11/5 stars for that book. This series is one of my favourite of all time.


Transcended my expectations! I cringed at a few scenes and spelling errors, here and there; but overall I loved this book. There was definitely more angst in this one, which I'm unsure if I liked that or not (how ironic).

There's not much else to add, I just really loved the book. I can't believe I'll have to wait another 2 weeks for the sequels to arrive (I bought the rest of the series- I know I'll enjoy the rest now).

Katy is extremely relatable and hilarious-- one of my favourite quotes is when she said books are more important then the life-threatening Arum. I just want to hug her and clap for the choices she made (except for the whole Blake thing-- but that's a different story all together!).

I don't trust Matthew. He hasn't given any reason for me to doubt him, but it's my only theory on who betrayed D&B.

Speaking of whom, what ever happened to Bethany??? That was a quickly dismissed plot twist IMO. However, I love/hate the plot twist at the end. Bless J.L. Armetrout.

Romance: 40000000/10- it feels like the best Twilight fanfic I've ever read combined into a read book????
Writing: 8/10 (I'd say 7 because of editing but I love the style and POV sm)
Angst: the good kind
Friendship: Low af- I'm sad for Dee x Katy
Reread? Not as much as I would of Obsidian, although I definitely will whenever I get the chance to reread the entire series.