Review: Of Triton

Of Triton Of Triton by Anna Banks
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Read more bookish goodness on my book blog: Cal's YA Reads

description

WHY WAS THIS SEQUEL SO BAD??? I rated the first book, Of Poseidon, 5/5 stars!

:(

The writing started off really well, and then all of a sudden it turned to shit.

Nalia, Emma's mother, is the worst. She is poorly written and disturbing. A bit too much like Tris in Insurgent; infuriating.

Quotes I liked:
"feel like my lashes are coated with iron instead of mascara, pulling down my lids with a heaviness I can't fight."

'I like you, young prince. But you well know the law. Do not disappoint me Galen. My grandaughter is deserving of a proper mating ceremony.'"


Quotes that annoyed the crap out of me:
"Galen runs a hand through his hair. He knows how this works. Toraf will be useless until Rayna is sufficiently calmed down and happy again."

FOR FUCKS SAKE I DON'T EVEN WANT TO GO INTO THE SEXIST FUCKERY THAT'S IN THIS BOOK but you're gonna hear it, if you choose to read on.

"Finally, Grom shakes his head. 'She's a Half-Breed, Galen.'
Mom's head snaps toward him. 'She's my daughter,' she says slowly. She pulls herself from his lap and stands over him, hands on hips. Oh, he's in serious shiznit now. And I cant help but feel elated about it. 'Are you saying my daughter's not good enough for your brother?'"

Like I said before; I hate Nalia. This snippet was the most ridiculous shit bit I'd read so far.

WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THE LADIES SITTING ON THE GUY'S LAPS. DO THEY NOT HAVE CHAIRS?

"Galen knows he shouldn't have let her free, because she's definitely got tantrum all over her face, but he's too curious to see how Grom will react."

THE SEXISM IS ABSURD WHY IS THIS EVEN IN HERE WHO READ THIS AND THOUGHT IT'S A FINE SENTENCE LIKE LOOK HOW MANY THINGS ARE WRONG WITH IT oh. my. god. I can't... even begin to properly rant. My brain.

"She crosses her arms. 'Why hasn't Grom come for me?'

WHY DO YOU NEED TO BE CONSTANTLY SAVED AND ATTENDED MY A MALE WHEN YOU WERE SHOWN AS A BADASS WHO COULD DEFEND HERSELF FOR 18 YEARS PRIOR????? WHY????

That's all the energy I have left.

What the fuck even happened? I'm so disappointed. I had such high hopes after the first book (a 5/5 star-er!!!).

I will continue to read this book, because I've already downloaded it on my kindle.

Ugh.

description

View all my reviews

Comments