Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss #2) Review

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss #2) by by Stephanie Perkins




4/5 stars.

It was beautifully written and I shipped Cricket and Lola (both names I wasn't a fan of but whatever) so much!

It's nice to feel invested in a good ship.

I haven't been feeling that lately.

It was a bit quirky but if you like contemporary reads it's fine-- I'm just somebody who likes more solemn, paranormal romantic characters.

I did enjoy the 2 fathers, and Lola's dealing with her angst about her birth mother. It did break my heart.

I feel like this sequel didn't have NEARLY the depth from the last book. Anna and the French Kiss has me in tears from the emotional roller coaster it was. It had a looooooooooot of angst. This was a waaaay lighter read, and Lola reminds me a lot like Lily from Dash and Lily's Book of Dares.

I enjoyed the age of the young adult group-- it wasn't too immature but it wasn't full on erotica or anything either.

I'm glad we saw St Clair and Anna yay <3 they were cute to check in on.

That's really all I have to say about the book. I did highlight some quotes but I may just include them in my blog's review.

I wouldn't really read it again, but I'm glad I bought the series. Hopefully the next one will be more deep…

Comments