Review: I'll Give You the Sun

I'll Give You the Sun I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2.5/5 stars.

Yep. People are going to slaughter me for not enjoying this book.

I'm sorry. You can read the reasons in my updates…

Overall, I'll just list a few things for why I didn't like it:
- "art"--> pretentious
- author's voice didn't give me enough diversity for it to capture my interest. It felt like a really monotonous narration FOR ME. Pls don't kill me. Pls.
- I like books to calm me but the angst in this book made me extremely anxious and I'm sorry but if I'm getting little anxious episodes; I ain't ever gonna love the book.

These are all personal reasons so don't look at my review as a guide!!

I'm so glad to return this to the library. I'm super disappointed, I find the blurb very misleading… :(

View all my reviews

Comments