Review: Empire of Storms

Empire of Storms Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Read more bookish goodness on my book blog: Cal's YA Reads

3.75/5 stars

Yeh alright this is fine. It wasn't the worst I've read from SJM, but in no means was is terribly epic for me. I'm sorry but everything is so predictable??????

Oh except for a certain hook up.

Manon. Dorian.

Gross.

Sorry (not sorry).

Once again, SJM introduces characters that I don't care for, and can't follow??????? Why??? Does? She?? Do!? THIS?!!!!!

Idk guys, her writing has improved and she wrote the action really well, but now her romance scenes are lacking. Like I swear every dramatic moment HAS to be written in truncated, obvious statements. Do you know what I mean?

An actual scene most likely:

He wanted her. All of her. Fire. Passion. The moon was shining. It wasn't that he wanted (some profound, unrelated notion), it was HER.

Do you see the BS???? Why does nobody see the BS???????? I feel like I'm the only one STILL trying to like this bloody story. Ugh.

Whatever-- I love her ACOTR series. I can still hold onto that.

View all my reviews

Comments