Review: The Raven King

The Raven King The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What?!?

Sidenote: I am a Henrysexual. Star of the book: Henry. WHY WASN'T HE IN THIS BEFORE?????????? WHY JUST THE LAST BOOK??????????????????????????

After finishing this series: I'm 50% going wait, that's it? and 50% like but nothing is REALLY concluded???

I feel the need to say: I didn't comprehend like 60% of this book. I know it's because as beautiful as Maggie writes; I simply do not read it with a 'flow'. I would start thinking her books' plots are leading to Point A, while Maggie really meant for the whole plot to be about Point B. It's a confusing thing for me to explain, sorry I can't explain it further.

What I'm saying is... do you guys ever read an author's writing, and not have the slightest idea what is going on? It's like you accidentally skipped 10 pages. That's how it feels for me, at least for Maggie's writing.

I loooved the first two books. Last two books? Not so much.

So much was shoved in the last half of this series, it makes me wonder WHY they had to be so... condensed?
There either needed to be more books for me to be fully satisfied with all the different plots going on, or we needed to narrow the focus. But this is just my preference!

I found the majority of this book; the ending to this series; particularly underwhelming.

I don't really want to say much else. I had high expectations of Gansey x Blue, and Ronan x Adam, because everybody who's reviewed this book has raved about them... but at the end of this series; I'm feeling like there has been an incredible anticlimax for both couples' stories.

Also: what ever happened the Gray Man? Or Matthew? How did the others feel about Noah??? WHAT ABOUT BLUE'S FAMILY??????????????

There's so much unanswered; it pisses me off.

I'm too angry to include any gifs. That's how frustrated I am...

Updates/Other Notes:
June 19, 2017 – page 416
94.76% "What the fuck IM NOT READY
WHAT IS GOING ON
THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME TO SOLVE EVERYTHING WRONG
WHATS GOING ON"

June 19, 2017 – page 285
64.92% "RONAN AND ADAM ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️"

June 19, 2017 – page 283
64.46% "I'm finding I love the characters but hate the plot. It's a bloody mess."

June 19, 2017 – page 263
59.91% "I'm wheezing and making un-humanly noises HELP"

June 19, 2017 – page 244
55.58% "GUESS WHO JUST KISSED?????
ITS HAPPENINGGGGGGGGGGGGG"

June 19, 2017 – page 236
53.76% "I can't stop giggling. I, too, am a Henrysexual."

June 19, 2017 – page 217
49.43% "I like Henry!"

June 19, 2017 – page 168
38.27% "Ronan manifested Cabeswater?! Interesting…
Why does Ronan care so much for Orphan Girl??? I don't see the point."

June 19, 2017 – page 146
33.26% "Ronan and Adam AW MA GAWD"

June 19, 2017 – page 119
27.11% "Also: Adam annoys me"

June 19, 2017 – page 119
27.11% "I loooove how Maggie writes Adam and Blue fighting ❤️"

June 19, 2017 – page 6
1.37% "(I'm so sorry but I really don't care for the other women at 300 Fox Way)"

June 19, 2017 – Started Reading



View all my reviews

Comments