Review: Blue Lily, Lily Blue

Blue Lily, Lily Blue Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A solid 3/5 stars.

description
Meh?

I don't know if it was because I was more in the mood for Queen of Shadows, but I didn't LOVE this book. Which is a massive bummer. I really enjoyed the first two books! I don't know how this one didn't grab me?

I loved small details, but for the most part I didn't understand what was going on. I found it hard to follow.

description

This could just be me going through a depressive episodes: so if I reread it and love it, I wouldn't be surprised. But right now: I felt no appreciation for this book (aside for the teeniest moments Gansey and Blue shared-- the whole drama with psycho Greenmantle and his wife ?????????????????? NEVER, EVER WANT TO READ THAT AGAIN. I WAS BORED.)

I wish I enjoyed this book. I'm onto The Raven King, but only because it's due ASAP to my library and I don't want to drag this on.

Updates/Other Notes:
June 19, 2017 – page 275
70.33% "I love Jesse Dittley. He's the highlight of this book for me."

June 18, 2017 – page 216
55.24% "This entire book has me going "wtf wtf wtf is going on whaT IS ACTUALLY GOING ON????""

June 18, 2017 – page 207
52.94% "GANSEY AND BLUE MIDNIGHT DRIVES YES"

June 18, 2017 – page 197
50.38% "Adam just found out!!! Yay"

June 18, 2017 – page 169
43.22% "Matthew is Ronan's dream????
Adam + Ronan almost KISSED????
What is going on omfg"

June 18, 2017 – page 122
31.2% "Am I high or did Maggie really just write such amazing fuckery???"

June 18, 2017 – page 102
26.09% "This is written so beautifully. Like nothing in particular is happening, it's just so soothing to read."

June 18, 2017 – page 38
9.72% "Wow. Just went I thought I couldn't be anymore GanseyxBlue trash, they go and tOUCH FINGERS for like 1 second and I can't breathe."

June 18, 2017 – page 0
0.0% "I actually feel like reading QoS but these books are due at the library soon gah"

June 18, 2017 – Started Reading


View all my reviews

Comments