Review: The Bone Season

The Bone Season The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Read more bookish goodness on my book blog: Cal's YA Reads

5/5 stars.

Damn I've been handing out a lot of 4's and 5's this week-- I promise I'm not usually this easy going. I've just had some incredible luck!

I honestly thought I'd get bored of this book. It had the high fantasy of ToG, and when I saw the maps and FREAKING GLOSSARY (which intrigued me but I reached he 4th page and was dying)-- I thought I was doomed.

I've seen this book everywhere in bookstagram and GR. I'm glad I can finally say I've read it. Because, my friends;

THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!!!

The protag is what I wish Cel/Aelin would've been in ToG (what a shit character omfg I won't get started I'm sorry)-- Paige was so interesting, and well developed.

I loved the plot twists-- it was intense every second. You could really feel yourself being submersed into the realm they live in. This world wasn't half assed- created-- Miss Samantha Shannon has totally put the uttermost thought and genius into this universe, and you can tell.

There were some scenes I had to read twice, mainly because I'm still getting used to all the terms. It's hard to process it all when you're shoved straight into it at the beginning. But it wasn't anything incomprehensible (cough cough SJM u filth of a writer in ToG).

I totally suggest reading this! To anybody who wants a good dystopia read, but nothing form the cliche YA taint (and I love those tropes but it was nice to have a change).

View all my reviews

Comments