Review: The Dream Thieves

The Dream Thieves The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Read more bookish goodness on my book blog: Cal's YA Reads

5/5 RAVEN STARS.

This is going on my favourites shelf, that's for sure!

To get you up to speed with my thoughts and emotions, before I continue:

Updates/Quotes:
April 23, 2017 – page 411
93.62% ""'Don't say Dick Gansey, man. Do not say it. He is never going to be with you. And don't tell me you don't swing that way, man. I'm in your head.'
'That's not what Gansey is to me,' Ronan said.
'You didn't say you don't swing that way.'
Ronan was silent. Thunder growled under his feet. 'No, I didn't.'"
MIND BLOWN YES THANK YOU BLESS THIS STORY"

April 23, 2017 – page 367
83.6% ""We can pretend. Just once. and then we'll never say anything about it again."
HOLY CRAP THE FEELS I HAVE FOR BLUE AND GANSEY.
Are there any ships names I should be educated about? Could somebody please tell me?"

April 23, 2017 – page 349
79.5% "Omgomgomg that was the most intense fight ever. I was actually shaking while reading Blue and Adam fight.
Ho-ly Crapppp.
This was a brilliant fight and it was so emotional by the end with TEARS and revealing the FEELINGS. I feel their vulnerability.
(This is way more interesting than Ronan I'm sorry)"

April 22, 2017 – page 245
55.81% "WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK?!
I was told there were gay people in this. But a certain extremely weird and confusing (yet so sweet oml I wanna cry for them) moment just occurred and now I'm confused."

April 22, 2017 – page 240
54.67% "I feel like I just witnessed Noah and Blue get high in Gansey and Ronan's room (without either of them present) and the BOOM (view spoiler) and I am sitting here like "what the heckidy heck just happened???""

April 22, 2017 – page 220
50.11% "Okay WOW the testosterone occurrence was low key shitty until the end when Ronan and Gansey were super cliche "no homo" bros- woah I didn't realise how special their bond was."

April 22, 2017 – page 192
43.74% ""She cared a lot. As she whirled toward the truck with a dismissive shake of her head, he felt a dirty sort of thrill.
Summer dug its way into his veins. He got into the truck.
'Let's go,' he told the others, and slid on his sunglasses."
HOT. DAMN. I FEEL LIKE FAINTING."

April 22, 2017 – page 192
43.74% ""Blue cheerfully g spit a mouthful of brown water on his boat shoes. It pooled in the canvas over his toes.
'Good God,' he said."
That was hilarious oml I'm loving Gansey and Blue in this."

April 22, 2017 – page 161
36.67% ""I'm not being difficult. I'm just telling you I'm not going."
I AM RONAN. I NEED THIS ON A TSHIRT. GOD BLESS."

April 22, 2017 – page 160
36.45% "How weird but interesting that (view spoiler)"

April 22, 2017 – page 150
34.17% "Living for the fact that:
A) Ronan called Adam and Blue the "poverty twins".
B) then Blue screamed for Gansey to defend her
C) Adam, rolling his eyes, doing jacks hit bc he is 100000% done with everybody"

April 22, 2017 – page 107
24.37% "I am being dazzled by Gansey and I ain't even guilty."

April 22, 2017 – page 60
13.67% "I'm feeling all !!!!!!! rn bc Adam wants to kiss Blue and I feel sorry for both of their sides AHHHH"

April 22, 2017 – page 48
10.93% ""Ronan, you're never king to talk to Jane like that again."
MY HEART. Do you hear it? It's BLOOOOMING!"

April 22, 2017 – page 7
1.59% ""Ganesy added, 'I would've thought you had more muscles. Don't feminists have big muscles?'
Decidedly not in love with him."
THE SASS. Oh my gosh."

April 22, 2017 – page 0
0.0% "Lazy Sunday in bed?
Check.
Endless hot chocolate and tea?
Check.
(Hopefully) a good book that'll make me cry in probably 8 hours when I haven't even BLINKED bc I'm too hooked?
CHECK.
I'm about to treat myself."


Post thoughts and feelings:

In summary:
description
description
description
description

I just called my friend and raved for an hour, so let me try to gather my thoughts.

I really loved this book. The only character I was slightly bored by was Mr. Grey Man, oh well.

The plot?

Phenomenal.

The relationship dynamics?

Well... let's just say I've swooned, cried, laughed and sobbed for these guys.

Fave to least fave characters, and why:
1: Blue
What a badass, great, not over-the-top feminist. She is the most ideal female protag to ever deal with a love triangle. She has such a great personality, and I find I relate to her in many ways. Her spites of jealousy were cliche but iconic in such a well-rounded book;
I enjoyed her moments with Gansey best.

2: Gansey
Yep, I'm basic. I see an attractive, sarcastic boy, and I like. That's all there is to it. At the start of this book, I felt indifferent whether Blue actually had feelings for him or Adam. By the end of this book... boy; I had become a hardcore Gansey x Blue shipper.

3: Matthew
He's only such a minor character BUT PROTECT HIM WITH EVERYTHING. PLEASE.

4: Ronan
Dream Thieves really gave Ronan a well-deserved spotlight in this series; and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love what happy ending it was for his family by the end of this book; and finding out other details like(view spoiler)!!! I want to hug him for a million years. He has a heart of gold. I didn't enjoy too many of his moments with Kavinsky. They were a bit tiring, and not as well written.

5: Adam
Yo, hear me out. He was probably my fave in book 1; but in this, he got on my nerves. I was on both sides for both times he fought with Blue (ps: those fights????? AMAZINGLY WRITTEN. BEST.), but not when him and Gansey fought. I wanna hug him, too. But he's too much like Dan Hunphrey from Gossip Girl, and I'm sick of that shit. But also; it's Adam. I wanna hug him.

6: Noah
NO WAIT GUYS DON'T KILL ME, PLEASE. This is only because he wasn't really in this book!!! For me, he is only really notable a few times, like when (view spoiler)


I could talk for hours on this book; but it's getting late and I have an early start tomorrow.

Thank you to those who pushed me to reread the first one! This sequel usurps the previous installation by a land-slide.

If you didn't like the first book too much; give this one a go. I think it includes a lot more romance and teen angst. So if that's something you were looking for in the first one; try it out.

In my review for the Raven Cycle, I said I wasn't too keen to continue on. I said I'd read them; but wasn't desperate.

But after reading Dream Thieves; I need the sequels.</["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]>

View all my reviews

Comments