Review: Gemina

Gemina Gemina by Amie Kaufman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Read more bookish goodness on my book blog: Cal's YA Reads

5/5 ILLUMINAE STARS MULTIPLIED BY A MULITVERSE'S POSSIBILITIES.

Oh.

My.

GOd.

I'm flabbergasted. I cannot comprehend. This book was BRILLIANT.

I don't think I'm capable of writing a full-blown review... I'm just sitting here in shock.

Just a few little things to note:
THIS IS WAY BETTER THAN ILLUMINAE. And I thought Illuminae was goooood. But this?

A thousand times better. No denying that.

It's like the two authors(/geniuses) read the minor complaints about the format and plotting of their state-of-the-art from the first book; and did some little tweaks in this one, and BAM. You take a 5/5 book, and make it 10000/5 stars.

This book was just... so perfect. I see no faults in it, at all.

THIS WAS SUCH A PLEASANT READ <3 I need to buy myself my own copy! ASAP.

Other quick notes; I read this a lot quicker than Illuminae. In my review for that instalment, I said I wouldn't be in a rush (too much, anyways) to read the next one, after finding out it doesn't follow Kady that much.

I thought "ugh, new characters. No thanks."-- mainly because I didn't enjoy that set up by the end of These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman.

BTW: If you enjoy that series; hit this uppppp. It is so similar in so many ways. Oh my. So many.

But in this book; it was such an improvement. I actually think I care more for Nik and Hanna than I do fro Ezra and Kady (wait no-- guilt is kicking me in the gut; I love Ezra too much... but it's pretty damn equal).

It took me 2 exact months to read Illuminae; Gemina... took 2 days.

If that doesn't emphasise how much I enjoyed this instalment; then idk what does.

Updates:

April 19, 2017 –
page 644
 97.72% "Jackson what the hell?????
THIS BOOK IT 1000X BETTER THAN ILLUMINAE oh my stars"

April 18, 2017 –
page 556
  84.37% "Wtf it was a multiverse thing??
THAT'S AWESOMELY AMAZING. THIS IS WAY BETTER THAN ILLUMINAE."

April 18, 2017 –
page 536
 81.34% "OMFG OMFG
(view spoiler)
Chills. I have chills."

April 18, 2017 –
page 455
 69.04% "AYYYE (view spoiler)"

April 18, 2017 –
page 339
 51.44% "Okay this is a great part of the story (so far)"

April 18, 2017 –
page 248
 37.63% "Nik just pulled a Jace Wayland if I've ever seen one oh my god"

April 18, 2017 –
page 239
 36.27% "Oh I recently studied the battle of Thermopylae! That's cool.
Ella is funny but there's so much silliness going on when they're about to be slaughtered ffs I want a coherent plot PLEASE"

April 18, 2017 –
page 205
 31.11% "UM there was an innuendo about vibrating things and I am feeling way to much sexual tension rn for such a tame sci fi read oml"

April 18, 2017 –
page 161
 24.43% ""She stows the lipstick, hefty Nightinggale's gun and departs at the infirmary."

YES BLESS THIS BOOK HAVING A BADASS FEMALE PROTAG WHO CAN FIGHT BUT ALSO APPRECIATE "GIRLY" THINGS"

April 18, 2017 –
page 155
 23.52% "I'm loving this book!
But I really don't care about half the political stuff that's going down. There's a little too much undergoing. It would be more suited for a movie, but with so many documents to read-- too much."

April 17, 2017 –
page 56
 8.5% "Aw… okay. Jackson is actually really cool. But I have a feeling something shitty is going to happen like he's gonna cheat on her.
Hanna's diary is cute but also super cringey. Especially the quotes. God. Stop. This."

April 17, 2017 –
page 23
 3.49% "I like the new features. This is gonna be a fun ship to read.
I just hate that there's no chapters for me to read by. I need the boundariesssss!"

April 17, 2017 –
page 12
 1.82% "YEP I ALREADY SHIP THEM LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED"

April 17, 2017 –
page 0
 0.0% "I'm a bit skeptical on a new couple. The summary sounds like These Broken Stars.
I'm gonna give this a half assed attempt, even though I found the first book 5/5 stars."


Overall, this is how I feel:
description

The fact that the end of this book is only the beginning and I have to wait for the next instalment and how I haven't seen if my babe from all and any multiverse get a HEA:
description

Somebody hold me.

View all my reviews

Comments