Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) Review

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead 

3.5 stars.

6771021

I read heaps of reviews before I started reading the book, and I gathered that the first 300 pages was boring af. But I actually adored it!! I didn't expect to, but RM has written a great world with Dimitri's family. I didn't care at all about Abe, and Sydney was interesting enough.

Here's my issue with the book:

I ship Adrian and Rose.

I have since the second instalment, and I'm dying to see it happen. He is so precious and beautiful. Dimitri has very romantic lines but I don't feel the passion like I have from Adrian. I know this will end badly since I read the premise of Bloodlines is Sydney x Adrian, unfortunately.

Rose was such an inspiration in this book. I'm tearing up just thinking about what a strong willed, powerful girl she was in this. I was really shocked when Rose stabbed Dimitri, but I was cheering for her. She doesn't deserve this, my poor little angel.

I really wanted more Lissa x Christian. I'm glad they've finally had a bump in their relationship, though. As long as they get back together, I'll be happy. Christian Ozera has always been my fave in the series, and if he's gone I won't be a happy reader.

I'm uploading this review on the release of the 10th Anniversary!! Congrats, VA fandom!! This is such a cool universe, I love it so much.

I haven't read these books in over 2 years, so it was really useful to have a recap on all the vampire laws and lingo. However, for somebody who's binged read the whole series, I don't think it's necessary to have it in the 4th instalment.

It was a 4/5 stars but at around 70% I got bored. It's taken me a month to read it (I'm on holidays and using my kindle, so that may be why to), so ultimately I have to knock it down a little (just .5 a star though).

I'm not too eager to continue immediately, I'm left off going "ooh the next will be interesting but I'm more keen to read other stuff now".

Wish me luck, I still have about 32 books to read by the end of the year!! I'll be travelling the entire time.

Check out my blog too, I'm posting everyday for 6 weeks. That's a whole lot of bookish goodness right there.

Comments